What We Preach And Teach
The New Testament church worldwide has changed since Christ initially established it, no doubt. While physical change and modernization can be used for the Lord's glory, we believe God's Word is in every way, "off limits" to change. The main focus of this ministry is to help all people come to a real knowledge of who Jesus is which can only be accomplished by us humbling ourselves to God's word and delivering that Word in love as the Holy Spirit backs us up. There is no operation of the Holy Spirit without man's faith being place exclusively in Jesus Christ. Any failure to heed this simple truth will result in some level spiritual dryness, struggle with sin, and in worse cases spiritual death. The single most important thing in this life for us to understand is who Jesus is, His character, His love, and why He, having never committing a crime, had to die. There are many opinions in christian society concerning what "the truth" is. The Bible has hundreds of subjects that many christians agree and disagree on. However, one thing we must all be careful to agree on is the the Son of God. There's an old saying here at this church: "if you get Jesus wrong, it doesn't matter what you get right". We want to be sure our congregation knows exactly who Jesus is....this is why we are here.
Statement Of Faith
By an abundance of scriptural evidence and trust in what the Holy Spirit is speaking to Christ's Church , we believe.....
1. The Holy Bible is the inspired and literal word of God. It is the only written word of God and it is infallible. 2 Peter 2:21 , 2 Timothy 3:16 , Matthew 4:4
2. There is only one God. God is perfectly unified and eternally co-existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. 1 John:5:7
3. The rapture of Christ's church upon His return which is our " Blessed Hope". When this will happen, we do not know. Nevertheless, we anticipate the event- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
3. Cleansing and forgiveness from sin (man's sinful nature) is obtained solely through Repentance by Faith in the Sacrifice of Christ. Ephesians 2:8-9, 13-18 , John 3:16
4. The Diety of the Lord Jesus who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, by the will of God to save mankind from the curse of sin. Matthew 1:18-25
5. Christ lived a sinless life, performed miracles (healings, etc.) on this earth. His perfect walk is our righteousness by faith. 2 Corinthians 5: 21 , Hebrews 4:15 , Mark 4:39-41 , James 5:4
6. In the atoning death of Jesus Christ, after which He resurrected in body, ascended to sit at the right hand of the Father, interceding for all who believe. Romans 8:34
7. Christ will personally return to this earth in Power and Glory to rule 1,000 years. We who are His will reign with him. Revelation 20:6
8. In order for salvation to be legitimate, a person must be regenerated by the Holy Spirit. Jesus said it Himself..."Ye must be born again." John 3:5-8 , Titus 3:5
9. The Baptism of The Holy Spirit is not necessary for salvation however it's a gift Christ has given the church that should never be refused. One being baptized by the Holy Spirit will increase ones effectiveness for God's service, no doubt. It does not make one more saved than those that do not believe in it, it only means unbelievers are sadly limited. Acts 2, 10, and 19
10. Sanctification is the ongoing power of the Holy Spirit enabling the believer to live a Holy life. It is maintained by faith in Christ and his finished work. Romans 6:3-14
11. In the Resurrection of the saved to Eternal life with Christ and the lost to eternal damnation. Revelations 20:5-6 , 11-15